The Energy Detective Forums
October 20, 2017, 05:37:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced Mode
gman19

« on: April 14, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »

Huh  This may seem like a dumb question, but what exactly does "Enhanced Mode" do?

I can find little information on the particulars of this feature...been running for about 4 months now,
and thought about activating it, but my unit is working so well I don't want to hose anything up
my monkeying around with things.

Thanks in advance!
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »

Enhanced mode has to do w/ how frequently the MTU sends data to the Gateway.  If you look at the "Operational Settings" tab under Footprints you'll see the settings for both of these modes. For example "Energy Update" time is the maximum amount of time that can expire between packets.

Besides the manual trigger, Enhanced mode is also triggered each time you start Footprints and each time you press the button on the display. It lasts as long as the minutes specified in the "Enhanced Mode Timer" field in operational settings. 

For most users, this feature is fairly transparent and really there is no harm in setting the timing values to be the same for both enhanced and normal operating modes.  This is mostly geared towards customers w/ other devices in their home that use power lines for communication (X10, etc). This helps reduce the interference by only broadcasting packets at a higher rate when Footprints or the Display is in use, and less frequently when its idle.
martingugino

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »

I wondered about that too. Enhanced.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: