The Energy Detective Forums
February 22, 2018, 06:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Setting up my TED 1000 software
brianK

« on: August 27, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »

had it running 2 computers and 2 years ago but can't get it going now on my windows 7 PC.
downloaded the latest drivers from theenergydetective.com and installed them
run the TED viewer program and it says:
The TED Footprints Logging Service (TEDService) is not running

so I follow the instructions and start the logging service.  I see nothing happen so can't tell if running.
quit and relaunch TED viewer and it reports the same message so seems like the logging service is not starting up.
Then I run TED watcher and immediately get the windows error: "TED Watcher has stopped working".

can any one help me out?  Thanks.

Brian.
TEDSupport6
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »

There are some setting adjustments that need to be made when you run Footprints on a Windows 7/Vista PC. Here are the instructions for making the changes:

1) Run Footprints specifically as the Administrator. Go to C:/ProgramFiles/EnergyInc/TEDFootprints/TEDService (file type - "application"). Then right-click on TEDService. Click PROPERTIES and then click on Compatibility tab, select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and select "Run in Compatibility Mode to Windows XP" as well.

2) Use the following procedure to disable UAC:
          -Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
          -In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
          -In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
          -In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.
          -If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.
          -Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.
          -Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.

If you still have trouble after following these steps, then let us know.
rebelbah

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:40:06 AM »

good evening ALL
i followed these steps and did not resolve my issue of :no activity on com port. please check the RDU: last read : 10/4/2013 *:**:**
how do we resolve this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: