The Energy Detective Forums
October 20, 2017, 02:53:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: TED AggreData Beta
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« on: June 14, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

We are pleased to announce a limited beta trial of TED AggreData. For the first beta, we will be accepting a limited number users to sign up via the "Join" link on the login page. After joining, users will be directed to an instructional page on how to add their TED5000's to the system.

http://aggredata.theenergydetective.com

We recommend upgrading to the latest beta of the TED5000 Firmware  to make use of the additional costing features. However, it is not required.

AggreData is an open source web application that allows TED5000 to use the built in Third Party Post feature to upload their usage stats to the web. In addition, for users with more than one TED5000, it allows the data to be aggregated together to provide a combined view of the data. Furthermore, it allows these TED5000's to be grouped together and optionally shared with other users signed into the system.

Please limit any replies to this thread to the AggreData Beta only. All other AggreData questions or comments can be posted to the main AggreData thread: http://www.theenergydetectiveforums.com/index.php/topic,411.0.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:10:59 AM by Support7 » Logged
rotus8

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »

This looks great, so I signed up. I received the email with the activation information and put it into footprints, to be greeted with an error message about a minute later to check my network settings. I tried several times, and I am sure I entered the settings correctly, but the problem persisted. So I installed the latest beta firmware. Now when I do the activation, it just sits there, nothing happening. I left it for a half hour, still nothing.

Can you give any clue as to what may be happening? My TED5000 is behind a router which I believe is configured to allow it to access anything. Can you give some clue as to appropriate router settings?

Thanks.
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »

Can you send a screenshot of the network settings error?  The latest firmware doesn't have an error message like that so I'm wondering if it came from somewhere else. You shouldn't need to make any router changes to access AggreData other than making sure you don't have any rules that would block devices from accessing the internet (e.g some routers you have to add a device's MAC address before it will allow it out). If your TED5k is able to access other network services (NTP, weather, etc) you should be fine.  Otherwise, the only thing I recommend is trying a different DNS server (I use 8.8.8.8 which is a Google Open DNS server).
RussellH

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »

to be greeted with an error message about a minute later to check my network settings. [...] My TED5000 is behind a router which I believe is configured to allow it to access anything.

Are you running static IP or DHCP? on the gateway?

I'm thinking the TED doesn't have the router's IP address in the "Gateway" settings under the router setup.  (I know, confusing.  There's the TED gateway and there's the network gateway AKA router.)  If you're using DHCP, then it should have that automatically.  If you're running static IP, then you have to enter it.

Having a valid DNS entry is also important.  That's how the TED figures out what IP address the website is at.  TED doesn't need DNS for most tasks except when it needs to retrieve data from outside your home network, be it the weather or 3rd party posting.  What may have been a valid DNS entry some years ago may have changed by your ISP.
brucenolan

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:35:14 AM »

I am having trouble activating energy posting I have attached screen shots of the error and network settings
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

Please try switching your primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 to see if that works. Also, what version of the firmware are you using?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:12:27 PM by TedDev » Logged
RussellH

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »

I am having trouble activating energy posting I have attached screen shots of the error and network settings

Is your router at 192.168.1.11?  Usually the router is at the first IP address in the IP range which in this case would be 192.168.1.1.

You might want to look at the settings you use for your computer.  On a Windows machine, you can do a Start > Run > type "CMD" and then type "ipconfig".
brucenolan

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:02:10 AM »

thanks for the replys, at first my DNS was 8.8.8.8 and had been for some time. I have had TED up running for over three years and had problems with DNS and getting a weather feed. so I switched to My ISP DNS and weather started working, also Aggredata was up! but only one of my MTU were logging. So I deleted the gateway and tried to reactivate to no success. I will try to go back to 8.8.8.8 and see if it helps.....

I am running:
Gateway Version 1.0.499
Daughterboard Version 1.0.0
Footprints Version 1.0.281
MTU Version 1.0.57

thanks also russel, my router gateway is 192.168.1.11, my network is not usual   Smiley

bruce
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:05:58 AM by brucenolan » Logged
brucenolan

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:16 AM »

the problem persist with DNS set to 8.8.8.8 any other suggestions?

update: change DNS to isp and delete gateway from aggredata profile, reactivate and now logging data, both MTUs
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:14:04 AM by brucenolan » Logged
brucenolan

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 07:20:02 AM »

it would appear that the scaling is incorrect on my data, this is all consumption I do not sell back to my utility. any thoughts? does anyone else have this issue?
bruce
brucenolan

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 07:25:02 AM »

as a comparison here is TED data from the same time frame
RussellH

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

it would appear that the scaling is incorrect on my data,

Can you explain what's going on?  Are you sure you've set the voltage option to match how you've installed the TED?
TedDev
TED Software Developent
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 05:13:04 AM »

it would appear that the scaling is incorrect on my data, this is all consumption I do not sell back to my utility. any thoughts? does anyone else have this issue?
bruce

Bruce,
 One thing I do see is that your gateway has an ID of 000000 which we'll need to get reset. If you don't mind, please fill out a support ticket so one of our techs can work with you to change that on your gateway. After that, you'll either need to re-activate your gateway or PM me your new gateway id and I'll update your data. We have identified a possible bug w/ the solar net calculations on aggredata and will be doing an aggredata update this week (you won't need to re-activate to see that, just to fix the 000000 gateway id). 

Also, your second image was just of MTU1 where the AggreData screenshot is the net total of all your MTU's. Can you let me know what the net 2pm value on the TED5000 was for that timeframe?

brucenolan

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 05:49:22 AM »

here is the data again, MTU2 is the blue MTU1 is the green, how do you graph just one of them? as far as the gateway ID, it crashed some time ago, reset it to defaults and that is what I get all zeros, is there more than just the button on the side for defaulting the gateway? if so I will submit a ticket. however the data seems correct on the TED web page and I was getting correct data with google power meter.
thanks
brucenolan

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 05:51:37 AM »

Can you explain what's going on?  Are you sure you've set the voltage option to match how you've installed the TED?
[/quote]

voltage options are correct for both MTU
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: