The Energy Detective Forums
May 23, 2018, 05:47:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New TED Support forum launched!!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I View my Footprints from a Remote Location?
TEDMarketing
Global Moderator

« on: February 28, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »

Question: I’ve connected my Gateway to my internet router, and I can view my data from my home computer,  but I can’t view my data remotely from my work computer or cell phone. How can I view my data remotely?

Answer: Routing or porting your TED-data to the Internet may seem like a complicated thing to do, so you may want to get a Rent-a-Geek – type individual to set this up for you.  If you would like to try port forwarding on your own, we recommend that you follow the instructions below, in conjunction with www.portforward.com:

1.)   Connect your Gateway to your router, if you have not already done so.
2.)   Write down the make and model of your router.
3.)   Visit www.portforward.com and locate your router make and model.
4.)   You may wish to click “Skip this ad” in the right hand corner to continue to your router’s main Port Forward page.
5.)   Once on your router’s page, scroll down the alphabetical list to the letter “H” and find “HTTP Port Forwarding.”
6.)   Follow the www.portforward.com  instructions for your specific router.

Note:  Please be aware that your external IP address may randomly change if you do not have a “Static” IP option with your Internet provider.  You may choose to enable a permanent IP address for a small fee with your Internet provider, or (if your router allows you to) you may use a Dynamic IP service to ensure that you won’t lose the IP address of the link to your home.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:43:40 AM by TEDSupport6 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: