Poll

just hooked up ted1000 seem to be working but then notice when the heater shuts off the KW stay locked up you can turn the heater on and off no change and the light quits blinking if I turn the lights off seems to reset it . I have it hooked up to a detac

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: RDU locks up when heater shuts off  (Read 3898 times)

leroy

RDU locks up when heater shuts off
« on: February 05, 2012, 06:20:06 AM »
just hooked up ted1000 seem to be working but then notice when the heater shuts off the KW stay locked up you can turn the heater on and off no change and the light quits blinking if I turn the lights off seems to reset it . I have it hooked up to a detached garage with its own breaker box that run off the house

rotus8

Re: RDU locks up when heater shuts off
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »
This sounds like a MTU <-> gateway communications issue. A few more details about where you have the components installed may help figure out what is going on. Also, is the light you are mentioning in the garage or in the house? Does it have a dimmer or other controller on it? Is it a fluorescent?

leroy

Re: RDU locks up when heater shuts off
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 11:44:59 PM »
the lights are in the garage and are fluorescent. Seems the drop in power is what resets it althought if i turn the heater off and on has no change the light will quit blinking untell it is reset tryed to plug the RDU in other outlets and just got zeros on some thought it was too far away but just read it does not work off rf signal going to try to check to see if it out of phase