Author Topic: After running firmware update on TED 5000 IP wont set with router  (Read 3951 times)

johnasmith

The IP my router originally assigned to TED was 192.168.2.188 which was in my range.  After updating TED's firmware it is now stuck on 192.168.7.2 which is out of my range.  I tried restarting both TED and my router with no change so obviously TED isn't set for DHCP.  I could use my laptop to change TEDís IP but I thought I would ask for an opinion first.    Also, is there a quicker way to run just the search utility without unzipping and running installer?   Thanks in advance.

On Edit:  I just set my laptop to a static IP of 192.168.7.1 and connected directly to TED and was able to ping the TED @ 192.168.7.2.  Installer finds TED confirming the IP but it wont open in the browser.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:27:21 AM by johnasmith »

johnasmith

Re: After running firmware update on TED 5000 IP wont set with router
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:05:17 AM »
After opening a trouble ticket I got my answer.

Unplug the Gateway for 20 minutes and plug back in. There is a very small reset button on the RIGHT SIDE of the Gateway - next to the LED. After it goes through its normal start up sequence from cycling power on the unit, hold the reset button in FULLY ( you may need a BIC pen or a thicker toothpick - - try not to use something TOO small as it may slide off the side of the button) until the LED next to the button turns a solid ORANGE. Once it turns orange, release the button and the LED will flash rapidly for a few cycles. Once this is done, unplug the Gateway and router for 5 minutes. Plug the router back in first¬  and then plug the Gateway back in. Run the Installation Utility (http://www.theenergydetective.com/install-program.) and locate the device on your network. Please let us know if the hard reset gets everything back on track for you. Thank you - TED Support

RussellH

Re: After running firmware update on TED 5000 IP wont set with router
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
Maybe I was just lucky, or it had something to do with the upgrade path I took.  Mine also jumped to 192.168.7.2 after the upgrade, but I think a simply power cycle of the GW fixed it.