Author Topic: MTU  (Read 2175 times)

lumiecraft

MTU
« on: March 22, 2017, 05:31:28 PM »
I have not been using my TED5000 for some time now because of a system software change. I have had my system for years and about two years ago I did an upgrade to my computer and since then I have had zero luck. Seems like the MTU is working properly. Im on a Mac with a New D-Link Router and a super fast internet connection from Comcast. There are no upgrades available that I can use because my MTU is not giving a number. I have left it running for many years and still nothing. I have rebooted it many times during this time. Nope. Nada. Zilch.

Any suggestions?

Pete :)

Or maybe someone knows of a much better product thant the TED500 for monitoring the solar input and output.

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: MTU
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
I think that you may be confused about how the TED5000 works. Changing computers or routers cannot affect the TED5000 system per se. What such a change can certainly do to screw things up is make it more difficult to communicate with the Gateway, which I suspect is your problem. The MTU(s) (the 'black boxes' in the breaker enclosure that are hooked up to the circular Current Transformers around the current-carrying wires) communicate only with the Gateway (by PLC); it is the Gateway that you have to talk to over the network, and I suspect (you haven't given us a lot of information!) that this what you are being unable to do. I have no relevant Mac experience; my suggestion would be that you raise a Ticket and give the tech as many details of your setup as possible. (S)he may well be able to get you back in communication with your Gateway, and then you can proceed from there.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

lumiecraft

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 07:57:16 PM »
Yes, meant the Gateway. It just hunts and hunts, never getting anywhere. My wireless server however does recognize the device plugged in. Does the Gateway have to have an MTU working to allow it to send out an IP address to pick? Is there a factory reset button on the Gateway? I did not see one but I'll go look again.

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »
If you don't want to raise a Ticket, you probably should start by doing a Factory Reset. The instructions for this can be found on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B13h7_zU4QY. Then follow the published instructions for initial installation of the Gateway (you shouldn't need to touch your panel).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:33:55 PM by pfletch101 »
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits