Author Topic: TED5000 Gateway issues, cycling and no historic data  (Read 2525 times)

Canada_Guy

TED5000 Gateway issues, cycling and no historic data
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:28:37 AM »
My TED5000 is about 4-years old and I've been having problems for the past several months. Here are the symptoms:

NON-REPSONSIVE 1/2 the time:
The unit seems to go non-responsive for a duration of about 2 minutes, then responds for 2 minutes, then repeats this cycle. When looking at the per-second graph, the red voltage line, and the green power line  drops to zero for about 2 minutes, then back up to 120 volts for 2 minutes.

On the graph tab, when I select minutes, hours, days, months, the graph is bad. Typically just shows a flat line.

HISTORY TAB:
All entries, except SEPT/16 in the monthly section are zero. The value for Sept/16 is only about of what i expect. All other hourly, daily, monthly data fields are zero.

EXPORT DATA BAD:
The per second EXPORT data had data for about 2 minutes (150 seconds), then no data for about 2 minutes, then 7-8 seconds of the voltage and power both show zeros then reports normal data for about 2 minutes. This repeats constantly.

The per-minute EXPORT data is bad. Every minute shows as 1.786 kW and 114.8 volts. The date is old (about 2-months old). Today is December 6/16. The date in the export report is October 4, 5 and 6, 2016

The per-hour EXPORT data is bad. Every hour shows as 1.786 kW. There are about 2300 entries and the dates constantly cycle hourly starting on Sept 21, 2016 to Oct 5, 2016, then starts again.

The per-day EXPORT data is bad. Every day shows about 42.82 KWh. The dates constantly cycle daily between Sept 21, 2016 to Oct 5, 2016.

STATS Page:
When I go to the STATS page, the time/date is correct, but the up time cycles up to about 160 them stops updating for about 160 seconds, then repeats the cycle.

I was thinking of taking it apart and replacing the battery on spec (I'm an electronics tech), but suspect this is not the issue.

Thanks for any help or input offered.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:32:56 AM by Canada_Guy »

Support7

• Administrator
Re: TED5000 Gateway issues, cycling and no historic data
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »
If the Gateway is resetting as indicated by the uptime count cycling every 160 seconds then I don't believe this would be related to the internal battery as this would seem more likely a overheating issue or component failure though it would be difficult to narrow down which component without physically inspecting it so you would need to submit a support ticket through our website in order to get the evaluation/repair information.

If you run into any questions or anything please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.
Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

altenbach

• My Website
Re: TED5000 Gateway issues, cycling and no historic data
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 01:46:48 AM »
Mine is at least a year or two older and seem to be pretty much dead too. All that still works is the live reading on the main screen of footprints. Everything else (e.g. all history and graphs) is permanently zero. Some panes show gibberish, e.g. "Peak kW Today: -0.001 kW @ 243:255 PM " (what time is 243:255 PM ???) or "Low Voltage MTD: 214748364.7 V on undefined 255". Should I try a full reset and reload the firmware?

(EDIT: OK, I read some of the other recent posts, and some of these symptoms (e.g. no history) seems to be a common thing. Ill study all the other threads...)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:51:31 AM by altenbach »