Author Topic: TED5000 loses its date and time whenever power goes out  (Read 2926 times)

gregtompkins

TED5000 loses its date and time whenever power goes out
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:49:27 PM »
Hello I've had a TED5000 for a few years and whenever the power goes out it loses its date and time settings. Isn't it supposed to be grabbing this from my router?

Thanks

Support7

• Administrator
Re: TED5000 loses its date and time whenever power goes out
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:57:36 AM »
This may be a sign the internal battery in the Gateway has gone bad if it's set to manual. If it is set to get the time from the time server then it should be pulling it from the internet but this polls the time server at certain intervals so it may not be instantaneously corrected after a power failure. You should check Footprints > Edit > System Settings > Time & Date settings to make sure it is actually polling the time server or if you have it set to manual.

If you run into any questions or anything please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.
Have a wonderful day!

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com

DanS26

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:19:04 PM »
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger......the battery in my gateway has been dead for over two years now and yes I have to reset manually the time and date every time the power goes out.  Even though I have it setup for synchronous time setting with my server.

gregtompkins

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:18:35 PM »
Is there any way to get a new gateway at a discount if I send it back? I don't want the hassle of having to re set it up every time the electricity goes out.

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:48 AM »
If you submit a support ticket via the above mentioned link then there are some options available for replacement or upgrading.

TED Support
www.theenergydetective.com