Author Topic: In and out of sync every 3 min like clockwork  (Read 2228 times)

gallde

In and out of sync every 3 min like clockwork
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:09:31 PM »
Anyone have this problem? This is very odd: I get about 3 minutes sync, then 3 min no sync, over and over. I've watch the lights and the MTU blinks every 2-4 sec, and the Gateway responds regularly for 2-1/2 to 3 min, then the Gateway stops blinking for the same period then starts again. What's happening? It's like their internal clocks are slightly different and they go in and out of sync. Nothing in the house is turning on or off every 3 min, and the two devices are on the same outlet, so it can't be a communications problem.

Swede2

• Swede's Dock
Re: In and out of sync every 3 min like clockwork
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:14:54 AM »
Is the Gateway on a completely separate circuit from the panel? Dunno if that's the problem but my TED worked fine for several years then all of a sudden  ...

We ended up installing a completely separate circuit for the Gateway and things fine ever since (fingers crossed {grin}).

Swede
It's a pretty day
I hope you enjoy it.
Swede
http://www.SwedesDock.com/LDN [/enter]

gallde

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 09:42:39 AM »
Yep, plugged into a box below the panel with nothing else on it. It's the periodicity of the sync loss that is puzzling. when it's in the 3-minute "connection" phase, it gets every pulse. In between those, it gets none.

Support7

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
It would be better to troubleshoot this issue by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested or required.

Check if you are getting any lights at all from the Gateway (Ethernet port, side LED, or front cover.). It sounds as though the Gateway may either be resetting every three minutes or loosing power if your not getting any response from any of the lights during that cycle. You can try power cycling the device (Unplug and plug back in) to see if that will resolve the issue as sometimes the system just needs a restart.

This could be a few things so we will need to verify some information with you. Please follow the link above to submit a support ticket so we can help get this resolved.

TED Support