Author Topic: MTU to Gateway Delayed Communication  (Read 2549 times)

Pdkwork

MTU to Gateway Delayed Communication
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:27:46 PM »
I searched for this topic and could not find it.  I have a TED5000 running for over 5 years.  It has been fine until around 2 months ago.  Now it seems that it gets stuck and sometime shows solar generation at night.  This was my first indication of a problem.  Then I noticed that main reading was also stuck and not changing.  Footprints still worked and from it I rebooted the gateway.  When the gateway came up again it was stuck showing 0 KW but when I get up in the morning it is working again.  I have pulled out the gateway to reset it and also done a return to factory default and the same problem happens.  Has anyone else had these issues?  Could the TED5000 MTU or gateway be dieing after 5 years?

Thanks Paul

Support7

• Administrator
Re: MTU to Gateway Delayed Communication
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:57:04 AM »
This sounds like it could be an issue with PLC interference causing intermittent communication which could cause the symptoms you mentioned. Despite the system functioning for years before, a simple change to your electrical setup could cause issues to present themselves. Plugging in a laptop powercord to an already noisy circuit could put it over the threshold of where it blocks the communication entirely or occasionally. I will include a video link below on PLC troubleshooting that will give you a better idea of what your looking for.

PLC Troubleshooting Link: http://youtu.be/z2bTBpp1TfM

If you run into any questions or the problem continues please let us know by going to http://www.theenergydetective.com/ticket and fill in the requested information to submit a support ticket so we can work to resolve any issues that may arise ASAP and make sure we provide the right firmware for any updates requested.