Author Topic: l1 v/s l2  (Read 1898 times)

rbaldauf

l1 v/s l2
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:59:17 PM »
Just upgraded from 5000 to the pro. don't see where I can view the amp draw on each leg. Big financial advantage to me to keep the load as close to balance as I can.

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: l1 v/s l2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:34:28 AM »
AFAIK, you can't access the individual current flows detected by the main CT pairs. If the individual flows are important to you (and it appears that they are), you are probably going to need to purchase a second MTU and use only one CT on each MTU. An alternative approach would be to purchase a Spyder, and use two of its CTs to monitor the two input legs. The first option is a bit cheaper. The second would give you six 'spare' Spyder legs to monitor other circuits, but would require either that you disconnect the utility feed to put the Spyder CTs on or that you buy the clip-on Spyder CTs, in addition to the ones that come with it, further increasing your cost.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

jfpetesn

Re: l1 v/s l2
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:10:14 AM »
I think what he is asking about is the amperage which I believe the 5000 displays in footprints.  I am sorry to report that this feature is not available in the Pro version of footprints.  I really miss that feature as it was very handy if you are trying to manage your loads on say a solar or generator system.  With the 5000 footprints it would show you your total amp draw for each MTU.  I wish they would bring that back for the Pro version