Author Topic: Auto save data  (Read 2103 times)

rich2871

Auto save data
« on: June 18, 2015, 10:43:38 PM »
I have been looking at purchasing the TedPro + Spyder for my house. I want to be able to keep a detailed log of the usage so I can look back at any time and see what was happening. I do notice that the second data is only kept for an hour then is wiped and I can agree with that due to storage size growing very fast if all is kept on the device. I know I can export the seconds data for the past hour manually, but is there a way that this data can be automatically sent to an external drive (Like my NAS Server) on an hourly basis without me having to do it? I have plenty of storage space available so that is not a problem.

If the software/hardware is not capable of doing this on it's own, has anyone come up with a way of doing it another way?

I have looked at logging this data with other devices, but yours has the most options when it comes to monitoring overall KWh as well as individual circuit breakers.

Thanks in Advance!

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Auto save data
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:39:50 AM »
Footprints won't export data on its own, and I would question whether anyone really needs second by second data - I do the same sort of thing that you are proposing to do, but I only keep minute, hour, and day-level data. Essentially, you need an external program that polls the TED ECC (there is a published API) on a regular basis. My energy monitoring and control system is written in VB.Net, but you can use any approach you like. AFAIK, there is no off the shelf program that does what mine (which also monitors a Davis Weather Station and monitors and controls a RadioThermostat) does or you want to do. If you really want second by second data, your program needs to be running 24/7 (and note that only the main MTUs run with this resolution, anyway - the minimum resolution of Spyder data is 1 minute). If you are prepared to live without the second by second data, a program that runs in real time during the day and catches up with the overnight data when started up in the morning will do fine. This is the approach I use.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

RussellH

Re: Auto save data
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:36 PM »
Minute-level data is available for 48 hours.  So just polling the TED once a day can save the minute-level data.