Author Topic: Anyway to start tracking Mid-Billing cycle?  (Read 2293 times)

pbretton

Anyway to start tracking Mid-Billing cycle?
« on: January 29, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »
5 days ago I installed my Pro with 2 MTU's and 3 spyders.  I was already 8 days into my billing cycle and into tier-2 billing.  Now I'm at tier-4 with SDG&E but the Footprints only shows me at Tier-2.  Of course that throws the money estimate way off.  If I can't adjust it now, how can I make sure that it resets on the actual billing cycle?

Thanks in advance.

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Anyway to start tracking Mid-Billing cycle?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 03:06:43 AM »
Your first month's billing numbers will always be unhelpful unless, by chance, you install your TED on the day your meter is read. These numbers will never be perfect, because TED starts the next month at midnight on the meter reading date, and few meters actually get read at midnight! Assuming that you have now set the meter reading date correctly, however, there is nothing else you need to do to get things (approximately) right in subsequent months.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

jfpetesn

Re: Anyway to start tracking Mid-Billing cycle?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »
Footprints will be off for sure but you can export your daily and hourly data which is correct and calculate it by hand or import the data to a spreadsheet and that information will be correct.