Author Topic: How to use Footprints on second RDU...  (Read 2983 times)

MetroMyke

How to use Footprints on second RDU...
« on: March 29, 2011, 03:39:21 PM »
I have had my Ted 1001 for a couple of years monitoring my house consumption. A second (recently purchased) MTU only sums the primary and secondary data. So I purchased a second RDU to use with the second MTU as a seperate means to monitor a wind turbine output. I want to be able to use my original software "Footprints" to log and chart the second RDU output but all efforts have been unsucessful to get the software to recognize the new RDU. My question is (1) *how to get the second RDU to function with Footprints and (2) can the original RDU be configured to simultaneously record the second MTU inputs but not to sum but to deduct the output from the second MTU from the primary (original) MTU that the house RDU is recording?? I also realize that the next generation TED solves this issue. I like having a seperate recording means for the wind turbine seperate from the house system. Any constructive input is greatly appreciated. Currently both Ted systems are functioning (simultaneously) excecpt for the question one issue....*I would like to be able to retrieve the historical data from the second RDU!!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:51:34 PM by MetroMyke »

TEDSupport6

Re: How to use Footprints on second RDU...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:48:05 AM »
(1) *how to get the second RDU to function with Footprints
You have to purchase an additional copy of Footprints for each RDU with which you want to use the software.

(2) can the original RDU be configured to simultaneously record the second MTU inputs but not to sum but to deduct the output from the second MTU from the primary (original) MTU that the house RDU is recording??

The 1001 system does not have the capability of separating the readings from each MTU for your totals. You can see each MTU's readings by shuffling through the screen on the RDU, but it will store the sum of the two as the total.

I would like to be able to retrieve the historical data from the second RDU!
The TED 1001 does not actually store detailed historical data that can be "retrieved", however it does store monthly totals. Using Footprints with the RDU is what allows you to log detailed history.

For homes that have a solar/wind generation present, we do recommend our TED 5000 model, since the software is capable of monitoring both generation and usage and provides net metering. You can learn more about TED 5000 and solar/wind generation here: http://www.theenergydetective.com/ted-5000/solar.