Author Topic: Another strange solar problem  (Read 1590 times)

ezeitler

Another strange solar problem
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:05:52 AM »
I have had TED 5000 installed for over two years and working quite well. Recently installed solar and second MTU. After some additional filtering to separate the TED from the Enphase Envoy, they both read with no lost packets.
Both MTUs were installed with the CT red dots facing away from the panel.
However, when I set MTU1 to adjusted load and MTU2 to generation, all reading were negative. So I flipped the CTs on MTU1 so the red dots now face the panel.
Now all readings are positive.
When I set MTU1 to load with MTU2 as generation, everything reads correctly. The hourly graph shows positive at night and negative during the day as expected.
And the history tracks with the Enphase reports.
Seems like my LOAD setting is working like ADJUSTED LOAD does and vice versa.
Just updated firmware to 499/281, no change.
CTs checked for closure, read all the solar comments in the forum, anyone have any ideas other than 'it's working, leave it alone'

rotus8

Re: Another strange solar problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:05 PM »
You may be misinterpreting the data you see. In the standard solar setup - MTU1 set for adjusted load and MTU2 set for generation, the display is confusing. When you select "NET" for viewing, what you really see is the MTU1 reading. the "MTU1" view setting is actually the MTU1 reading plus the negative MTU2 reading; this reads what your house is consuming.