Author Topic: Another TED 5000/X10 conflict dilemma...  (Read 3414 times)

coyotefred

Another TED 5000/X10 conflict dilemma...
« on: June 04, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
Hello!

I have some X10/Ted 5000 noise issues, mainly in the form of X10-controlled appliances randomly going on and not being able to turn off certain x10-controlled appliances.  Iíve read the other threads on this issue where some folks have had success isolating the TED system via filters. My problem is that I live in a rural location where my electric service is ďspreadĒ over several panels: a main panel for the home and two panels for separate outbuildings.  I have TED 5000 CTs/MTUs in all 3 panels, so I canít isolate the TED system.

ĎAny creative ideas I might try?  Or am I stuck at either finding an alternative for either TED or X10?  I probably have more invested in my X10, but there arenít many reasonably-priced alternatives to TED (current cost Envi might work, but it updates only every 6 seconds rather than every second...I like the faster-update rate for my wind turbine monitoring).

mringram

Re: Another TED 5000/X10 conflict dilemma...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
I ran a dedicated voltage wire between MTUs. I bought one set of filters, installed them at one panel, then ran a 'filtered' voltage to my second MTU. I actually installed a new circuit breaker at the panel nearest my internet router, powererd a new outlet with the filtered voltage, and plugged my gateway into that. From that new outlet, I picked the 'filtered' voltage. This creates a small error, because I seem to have some small voltage drop across the long wire. I can live with that. For your situation, it might be worse because of the distance. But, short of installing two gateways - which is a different problem - I couldn't figure out a better way. My system works great, other than the very slight differences in voltage readings.

fximaging

Re: Another TED 5000/X10 conflict dilemma...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:30:49 AM »
i know i was having issues until i set the system settings for transmit amp to high for both gateway and mtu, and checked the box for transmit gain and noise blanker.